Friday, July 16, 2010

We Are Scientists vs. Hipster Central

I wasn't planning to post today - the combination of actual WORK to do at my day job (really??? you expect me to complete actual tasks for the money you pay me, instead of just reading Salon and working on my blog?) and the reading I'm desperately cramming in for my upcoming summer course has made it hard to dedicate time to helping you find fun new free activities. But I just learned about this on Broke Ass Stuart and had to share:



Pop-y indie rock band We Are Scientists will play a free show in Williamsburg tomorrow night at Sound Fix Record Store, 44 Berry Street, at 8 pm. Those of you who know me recognize that getting me to Williamsburg is no easy feat - and even if you succeed, I will likely complain and judge the crowd the whole time. And while this will no doubt be the case tomorrow night, I really do like this band. And I went to college with them, incidentally. A friend dated one of them. Their music is totally lovable. I'm going to check it out...and then make a mad dash for the L train as soon as it's over.

No comments:

Post a Comment