Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Reentering the stream

After ten days out of New York City, blog-neglect guilt has me scrambling to throw together a blog post to make sure you haven't forgotten all about me. I'm digging through old drafts I've created over the summer as new free events find their way onto my radar. I have literally dozens of blog post zygotes that I haven't yet shared with you (which needles me with just a pang or two of blog-stingyness guilt.) As I peruse one potential post after another, though, I'm finding that many events have already happened, and are no longer relevant, and I'm having the funniest reaction. Rather than dismay, I'm feeling incredible relief!

The sheer amount of amazing free events to participate in over the summer here can come to feel more like a burden than a gift, and I must admit that I am breathing a bit easier in the face of this joyful eventlessness. A good friend describes New York as a rushing river of traffic: when you're in the flow of it, the pace is totally manageable, but once you're out of it for even a moment, it takes an immense burst of energy to gain the speed to reenter the stream.

So while I pedal and pedal to get back up to speed, here's today's free offering: outdoor yoga tonight with one of my favorite teachers, Dana Flynn (here she is, above). The venue is admittedly not phenomenal, but her energy is, and she revives even the most exhausted among us. See you there. 

Laughing Lotus Yoga in the Park
Wednesday, August 4, 7-8 pm
10th Ave between 14th and 15th Street
BYO mat, no registration necessary
(p.s. there are no changing rooms - come ready to move)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Chelsea,

    Do you have an email address if we want to share free ideas or invite you to events? Alternatively, you can email me at lzanzal@postabon.com.

    Thanks,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete