Monday, August 9, 2010

West Side Story (across the East River)

I am blessed (cursed?) with a bizarrely short memory, which means that I am able to read books and see movies over and over again for the first time - and unfortunately, to meet people and have zero recollection of having already done so. (This can be awkward. Not as bad as Memento, but sometimes close.) But tonight, my brain malfunction will come in handy: West Side Story is showing in Astoria Park at 8 pm, which I have surely seen before, but remember it not even a little bit.



My apartment is about as refreshing as the inside of a dryer (which reminds me that my laundry should be done any moment now) and I'm ready for some cooling East River breezes. I am Astoria Park's newest big fan. I've been hitting up the pool that Susanna reviewed a few weeks back most mornings to swim laps before the kiddies take over, and the setting is really quite magical. I'm thinking it sounds like a good spot to catch a musical on the big screen tonight. We're making one of our famous popcorn blends, perhaps with some of the maple sugar I brought back from Vermont, to snack on. See you there!

Credit where credit's due: I found this movie listing on Big Apple Small Wallet. They've put together an impressive collection of free summer film screenings. Just make sure to double check with the venue - tonight's showing of Fame was switched for next week (and I'll definitely be there for that too).

No comments:

Post a Comment