Friday, June 4, 2010

Where it all begins: I'm broke. I bet you are too.

I'm approaching my first summer living (is this living? surviving?) in New York City on a grad student's budget, and I have to admit that this horrifically expensive city does actually offer a TON of free stuff to do. So much so, in fact, that I'm having a hard time keeping track of it all. There are lots of great resources for one-time events and freebie giveaways - more on those sites later - but I haven't yet found anywhere that compiles the many ongoing offerings - film series(es? how do you pluralize that word anyway?), literary readings, outdoor concerts, discounted/free museums. This, dear reader, is the gift I aim to give you.

Check back here when you're bored, when your rent check has just cleared, when you need something a little bit artsy and a whole lot cheap to take a date to. Posts will be tagged by category, day of the week, and neighborhood. Have a free Sunday afternoon and no cash? Come here and find something fun to do that won't compound your (already unmanageable) credit card debt.

We're all in this together. Don't be stingy with the goods - let me know if you hear of events you want to share with the world. And with that, away we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment